Monday, October 12, 2009

How many people do you think would come back and pay the money they owed?

This weekend I helped at a baseball tournament collect money at the gate. More than a dozen or so people did not have cash on them to pay the $5.00 entry fee. Some had a few bucks but not five dollars and since we did not take debit or credit there was no alternative. Since it was cold, I said go watch your kid play and I will trust you to come back later and pay me and I gave them a ticket and set them on their way. Some did give me the few bucks they had and all promised to return with the rest.




GUESS HOW MANY DID OUT OF THE 12 PEOPLE to PAY?



Many of you might think that maybe half came back and paid. Even 75%. But if you said 100% of them came back you would have been right. I even had one lady that was out of town, drove away, went to an ATM and then came back to pay me the additional $2 dollars she owed me.



I also have to add that I saw strangers offer to pay for people that they did not know and knew they were not going to get the money back.



It was truly a wonderful weekend to see honest, kind, caring people.

No comments: